To share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ.
WE WANT GOD TO BE SEEN
The church as Christ’s Body on earth seeks to make Jesus visible by:
- Presenting God’s timeless truth in clear, creative and relevant ways
- Encountering God in vibrant worship and prayer
- Demonstrating godly character and a servant lifestyle
WE WANT PEOPLE TO FEEL LOVED
The church as God’s Family seeks to welcome people into a loving community by:
- Accepting the faithful, the faithless and those exploring faith, and valuing them as God does
- Fostering authentic relationships that model God’s grace
- Offering small group fellowship opportunities where people experience knowing & being known, loving & being loved, serving & being served, and celebrating & being celebrated
WE WANT LIVES TO BE CHANGED INTO THE LIKENESS OF JESUS
The church as the instrument of God’s Spirit promotes life transformation by:
- Encouraging faith commitments to Christ
- Teaching the Bible and cultivating the spiritual disciplines
- Equipping Christ’s followers to give him their best, using their spiritual gifts and investing their resources to further God’s kingdom
- Planting more churches that desire God to be seen, people to feel loved, and lives to be changed into the likeness of Jesus our Lord.
Keeping our vision clear, our passion hot, and our hearts united as we light up our world with the reality of Christ!
- To be a spiritually healthy and growing church community of Christ followers who express the love of Christ to each other and are continually reaching more people for Christ.
- To be a church where people grow deeper in spiritual maturity and develop spiritual gifts in order to mobilize people for ministry in the church and mission to the world.
- To be a church which multiplies leaders who are equipped to further Kingdom expansion.
- To be a church which shares the love of Christ by bringing good news to the poor and oppressed, caring for their needs for justice and compassion as expressions of the gospel.
- To be a church which networks together with Christ-honoring churches and ministries to fulfill God’s plan to proclaim the gospel to all nations. (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10).
- To be a church which promotes spiritual renewal and effective evangelism by offering training, consulting and resources to equip and encourage other churches and ministries.
- To be a church which equips, resources and sends out teams to the Eastside and beyond to start new congregations and to plant churches that become self-supporting, self-governing and self-propagating.
- To be a church which focuses community outreach in the Phantom Lake Elementary School area to further our Mission and as an expression of the gospel.
Statement of Faith - What We Believe
1. ABOUT GOD
God is the Creator, Ruler and Sustainer of the universe. There is only one true, holy God, who exists eternally as three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each is fully God yet personally distinct from the other. God has a profound love for humankind as the only creatures made in his image, wants the best for us and has initiated a plan enabling us to live in a personal relationship with him.
2. ABOUT HUMANKIND
We are each made in the image of God, to be like him in character. Although humankind has tremendous potential for good, we are marred by our sinful nature that separates us from God and causes us to fall short of the fullness of life he intends for us.
3. ABOUT ETERNITY
Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. For all humankind, there will be a resurrection of the body and a judgment that will determine the fate of each individual. Those who reject God in this life will be separated from God forever, while believers will be received into a lasting union with God and rewarded for works done in this life.
4. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, fully God and fully man. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead on the third day to demonstrate his power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to reign in ultimate supremacy forever.
5. ABOUT SALVATION
Salvation is a gift from God to sinful humankind. We can never make up for our sin through self-improvement or good works, and even our best efforts leave us unable to earn God’s favor. Salvation of humankind is therefore completely a work of God’s free grace, not the result of human effort or goodness, and must be personally appropriated by repentance and faith. Only by trusting in Jesus as our Savior and inviting him to rule our lives can we be freed from sin’s penalty and receive eternal life with God.
6. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all equally God. The Holy Spirit is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Jesus Christ, and lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with ability to live a life that honors God, understanding of spiritual truth, power to be Christ’s witness, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under his control daily.
7. ABOUT THE BIBLE
The Bible was written by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. All the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, given by divine inspiration, are the written Word of God, our only infallible authority for faith and practice. These Scriptures are to be interpreted according to their context and purpose and in reverent obedience to the Lord who speaks through them in living power.
8. ABOUT THE CHURCH
There is one true Church—the body of Christ--comprised of all who acknowledge Jesus as Savior and Lord. As the Scripture commands, believers are to gather in local congregations for corporate worship, instruction, fellowship, ministry and outreach. Through baptism and Communion, Christ-followers publicly celebrate their conversion to Christ and experience of his grace. God gives to the church elders and other leaders to prepare his people for works of service, that together in love and unity all grow to maturity and bring glory to God.